2011 REBRAND 100 > notable |
Country Base: USA
Industry/Sector: Technology, Computer Hardware and Software
Below: Before and After Images in Slide Show, Summary, Credits
Arc Consultants was founded in 2002 as a business and technology consulting company.
In 2009, the company was providing enterprise software implementation for mid-market insurance companies. As part of these implementations, it began searching for ways to automate the quality assurance process. It found no alternatives suitable for its primary users: Quality Analysts, Business Analysts and Developers. In mid-2009, it set out to develop its own automated testing software and reinvent itself as a software company.
We were engaged to lead the company through renaming, repositioning and rebranding.
• Research included brand workshops, a competitive audit, and telephone interviews with potential users.
• The brand was built around the promise to make enterprise-level software development, implementation and maintenance more efficient, more effective and less expensive.
• The name, Janova, was selected through a series of naming workshops. It is derived from the Roman God Janus, who symbolizes transformation, and the word innovation.
• The identity was designed to reflect the brand as professional, structured and dependable.
• We developed internal brand books for associates, external collateral materials for enterprise selling and an e-commerce website for customer acquisition.
The Janova brand launched in March 2010. The company’s first products launched in October 2010. The internal brand book defines the organization’s future vision and has rallied associates around a defining brand promise. The company has grown from 5 employees to over 30 in 12 months and plans to acquire over 25,000 customers by 12/31/2011.
Client: Janova - www.janova.us
Brand Strategists/Designers: Mlicki - www.mlicki.com
Brand Strategy: Jason Mlicki, Brian Lusenhop
Creative Director: John Randle
Designer: Bethany Lesko
Copywriting: Laura Rees, Kristen Kenily Schuey
Naming: Brian Lusenhop, Kristen Kenily Schuey, John Randle