2011 REBRAND 100 > distinction |
Country Base: Romania
Industry/Sector: Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals
Below: Before and After Images in Slide Show, Summary, Credits
Labormed Pharma is among Romania’s top 5 largest generic pharmaceuticals manufacturers with 46 million EUR annual turnover (gross sales) and 470 employees. The national and regional market for generics is fragmented and competitive. In 2007 the company was acquired by an investment fund that initiated an aggressive growth strategy (both organic and acquisitions).
• Create an effective umbrella brand for a portfolio growing from one to several powerful brands
• Preserve the corporate brand’s positive heritage in the field of generic prescription drugs while strengthening market performance of its portfolio
• Help the transition from an entrepreneurial to a more corporate organizational culture
• The brand adopted a differentiating positioning based on passion and professional prowess. A new strategy defined the brand architecture, the corporate, employer, and product aspects of the brand.
• The brand name was shortened to Labormed, dropping the undifferentiating “Pharma”. A new visual identity, strongly suggestive of healthcare and humanity, replaced the old, inexpressive one. The other key potfolio brands (Ozone—OTC drugs and Ozone Natural—food supplements) had their visual identities modernized.
• A new packaging system for the prescription drugs introduced innovative, user-friendly visual representations of key physician and patient information (therapeutic area and dosage ”potentiometer”).
• Consistent turnover growth (over 45% YOY - year over year)
• Integration of acquired brands and strengthening of regional foothold. Exports increased from zero to 6% of total output.
• Helped build an employer brand strategy for the first time in the company’s history, boosting both employee motivation and commercial performance.
Client: Labormed - www.labormed.eu
Brand Strategists/Designers: Grapefruit - www.grapefruit.ro
Strategy: Ștefan Liuțe, Simona Turea, Ionela Nicolau
Creative Direction: Marius Ursache
Design: Liviu Maxim, Cristina Poncu
Project Management: Georgiana Matei
Grapefruit Social Media Connections:
Facebook - www.facebook.com/grapefruit.ro
Twitter - www.twitter.com/grapefruitro
LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/company/grapefruit